1. The incident happened on the 5th of May but CCTV footage (taken from a bus in front) wasn’t publicized until the 7th of August. Why did it take the police over THREE MONTHS to make the video public?
2. Why on Earth is the runner’s face pixellated/blacked out on certain websites, e.g. Daily Mail?! He is the SUSPECT and no features are actually visible anyway, even when zoomed in! The Daily Mail have also obscured the face of the man in the photo mentioned below.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/embed/video/1514583.html (click Watch Full Video).
3. In the photo taken through a window the runner appears to be holding a cup of coffee in his right hand but he doesn’t appear to have this in the ‘pushing incident.’ Where and when was this photo taken? Can we even be sure it is the same man?
4. Why have the police released so little information about the incident. Just, that they’re looking for ‘a white man in his early to mid 30s with brown eyes and short brown hair. He was wearing a light grey T-shirt and dark blue shorts.’
- Was the witness who described the colour of the runner’s eyes the woman who was pushed over?
6. Why have no other pictures/videos been released, when the runner was in an area of high surveillance?
7. Why are there no other witness descriptions?
8. Why has the woman not come forward and made an appeal/told her story?
9. The woman says that the runner came back 15 minutes later but didn’t acknowledge her. What exactly was she still doing there, where were the people helping her and are there any witnesses to this?
10. Has the woman definitely confirmed that the runner was a total stranger to her?
11. Why was the man described as ‘in his early to mid-thirties’, then the man arrested was described as aged 50, then subsequently as 41?
12. Why was the second man arrested described as ‘aged 41.’ Was it a different man or Eric Bellquist rearrested, or an[other] error?
13. The runner is described as having brown hair and brown eyes. If the witness was close enough to see the colour of his eyes, surely they could say if it was EB or not?!
14. When arrested, why did EB not show the police his passport immediately, which would prove he was in the USA at the time, as he says? If he did, why was he held for six hours (ref. Daily Mail), as he allegedly claims?
15. Why was EB’s name made public and his photo plastered all over the papers, when he hadn’t been charged?
16. All the photos of EB on the internet show him as previously clean-shaven. Why has he now grown a beard?
17. The police say they had ‘reasonable grounds’ for arresting EB. I wonder what these were? He does appear to have brown hair and brown eyes, true. 🙂
18. Why have so many people said that the woman tried to trip the runner and/or that it was an accident? Someone even put a video on YouTube to ‘prove’ this. The zoomed in/slowed down/frame-by-frame video above clearly shows her legs straight and feet pointing forward when the runner is at 45 degrees to her with his right arm stretched out in front of her. Also, she stays at the edge of the shadow whereas he moves across in front of her from the middle of the shadow. Also, if it was an ‘accident’ why wouldn’t he have stopped, or at least ‘handed himself in’ subsequently?
19. Why did the Daily Mail declare that EB ‘ran nowhere near Putney Bridge’ when his online records only go up to 2013?!
- Why is information about the incident so hard to find on the Metropolitan Police website?!
21. Bonus question: Is there a conspiracy to protect the true identity of the ‘Putney Bridge Bus Push Jogger’?
[2nd February 2019] N.B. The top video has been taken off YouTube. It was a detailed analysis of the incident which showed categorically that the woman was pushed and in no way tried to impede the jogger. Likewise the videos ‘proving’ that she tried to trip him have also disappeared. Very strange.
Related: Incident on Putney Bridge (a fictional account!)
BY THE WAY, IF YOU DON’T HAVE A WORDPRESS ACCOUNT AND WOULD LIKE TO ‘LIKE’ OR COMMENT ON A POST YOU CAN SIGN UP TO THE WORDPRESS ‘READER’ HERE – ALL YOU NEED IS A USERNAME AND A PASSWORD.
THAT GIVES YOU EASY ACCESS TO ANY BLOG ON WORDPRESS, WHERE YOU CAN READ ‘THE BEST CONTENT ON THE WEB’!
Incidentally, here’s another article that you may find of interest, my ‘take’ on the Madeleine McCann case, just 500 words.
To purchase the stories up to June 2017 in paperback, Kindle eBook, and audiobook form, and for news on new titles, please see Shop.
If you are interested in joining a fortnightly 400 word story group please contact me and I’ll send details.