To Cut a Short Story Short was nominated by the mysterious ‘She’ at This-door-is-alarmed. So, many thanks to ‘She’ and please check her blog out, it is intriguing and entertaining!
The GUIDELINES are:
- Thank the person who nominated you.
- Post one quote per day over three days.
- Nominate 3 blogs per day to take part in the challenge.
It’s entirely voluntary and there’s no time limit for completion.
So this is quite an easy and interesting ‘challenge,’ without the need to make long lists of things you like etc. I personally enjoyed compiling and editing my quotes, and checking out some of my favourite blogs again!
Selected Points from Week 1 of The Master Key  by Charles F. Haanel (1866-1949)
5. We cannot express powers that we do not possess. The only way by which we may secure possession of power is to become conscious of power, and we can never become conscious of power until we learn that all power is from within.
6. There is a world within – a world of thought and feeling and power; of light and life and beauty and, although invisible, its forces are mighty.
7. The world within is governed by mind. When we discover this world we shall find the solution for every problem, the cause for every effect; and since the world within is subject to our control, all laws of power and possession are also within our control.
8. The world without is a reflection of the world within. What appears without is what has been found within. In the world within may be found infinite Wisdom, infinite Power, infinite Supply of all that is necessary, waiting for unfolding, development and expression. If we recognise these potentialities in the world within they will take form in the world without.
9. Harmony in the world within will be reflected in the world without by harmonious conditions, agreeable surroundings, the best of everything. It is the foundation of health, and an essential to greatness, all power, all attainment, all achievement and all success.
10. Harmony in the world within means the ability to control our thoughts, and to determine for ourselves how any experience is to affect us.
24. All agree that there is but one Principle or Consciousness pervading the entire Universe, occupying all space, and being essentially the same in kind at every point of its presence. It is all-powerful, all wisdom and always present. All thoughts and things are within Itself. It is all in all.
25. There is but one consciousness in the Universe able to think, and when it thinks its thoughts become objective things to it. As this Consciousness is omnipresent it must be present within every individual; each individual must be a manifestation of that Omnipotent, Omniscient and Omnipresent Consciousness.
26. As there is only one Consciousness in the Universe that is able to think, it necessarily follows that your consciousness is identical with the Universal Consciousness, or, in other words, all mind is one mind. There is no dodging this conclusion.
27. The consciousness that focuses in your brain cells is the same consciousness which focuses in the brain cells of every other individual. Each individual is but the individualization of the Universal, the Cosmic Mind.
28. The Universal Mind is static or potential energy; it simply is; it can manifest only through the individual, and the individual can manifest only through the Universal. They are one.
29. The ability of the individual to think is his ability to act on the Universal and bring it into manifestation. Human consciousness consists only in the ability of man to think. Walker says, “Mind in itself is believed to be a subtle form of static energy, from which arise the activities called ‘thought,’ which is the dynamic phase of mind. Mind is static energy, thought is dynamic energy – the two phases of the same thing.” Thought is therefore the vibratory force formed by converting static mind into dynamic mind.
34. The Universal Mind is the life principle of every atom which is in existence; every atom is continually striving to manifest more life; all are intelligent, and all are seeking to carry out the purpose for which they were created.
41. In order to express life there must be mind; nothing can exist without mind. Everything which exists is some manifestation of this one basic substance from which and by which all things have been created and are continually being re-created.
42. We live in a fathomless sea of plastic mind substance. This substance is ever alive and active. It is sensitive to the highest degree. It takes form according to the mental demand. Thought forms the mould or matrix from which the substance expresses itself.
44. Now make the application; select a room where you can be alone and undisturbed; sit erect, comfortably, but do not lounge; let your thoughts roam where they will but be perfectly still for from fifteen minutes to half an hour; continue this for three or four days or for a week until you secure full control of your physical being.
45. Many will find this extremely difficult; others will conquer with ease, but it is absolutely essential to secure complete control of the body before you are ready to progress. In Part Two you will receive instructions for the next step; in the meantime you must have mastered this one.
First published in correspondence course form in 1912, in book form in 1917.
Welcome to the Official Charles F. Haanel Web Site!
Master Key Centenerary Edition (and study course)
And my three nominations for day 1 are:
well worth having a look at!
Click HERE to read Three Quote Challenge: Day 2 (Neville Goddard)
Click HERE to read Three Quote Challenge: Day 3 (Rhonda Byrne)
To purchase the stories up to June 2017 in paperback, Kindle eBook, and audiobook form, and for news on new titles, please see Shop.
If you are interested in joining a fortnightly 400 word story group please contact me and I’ll send details.
Don’t forget to check out some of the other stories on the blog. There are over 220!